
1910 年代 , 是 泰戈爾 創作 生涯 的 一個 高 峰 。 他 在 1913 年 以 《 祭壇 佳里 》 ( Gitanjali ) 獲 諾貝爾 文學 獎 後 , 先後 創作 了 《 新月 集 》 ( The Crescent Moon ) 《 園丁 集 》 ( The Gardener ) 及 《 漂 鳥 集 》 ( Stray Birds ) 等 膾炙人口 的 作 50 品 這些 作品 在 1924 年 泰戈爾 訪問 中國 之後 , 就 不斷 有 多種 中 譯本 問世 , 一 直到現在 , 仍然 深受 中文 讀者 的 喜愛 。
《 漂 鳥 集 》 ( Stray Birds ) 完成 於 1916 年 。 內容 涵蓋 人生 哲 理 與 衣 理 與 社會 公 義 的 諷 世 警 語 ; 但 綜觀 其 詩 的 風格 , 實 為 一 抒情 詩 roo 集 。 泰戈爾 在 經歷 了 社會 、 國家 的 動盪不安 , 以及 造訪 英美 的 閱歷 之後 , 在 《 漂 鳥 集 》 中 的 思想 更顯 豁達 , 文筆 也 更為 圓融。
泰戈爾 以其 充滿 哲理 的 筆觸 , 在 《 漂 鳥 集 》 中 , 呈現 了 對 自然 的 謳歌 , 生命 的 禮讚 , 以及 內心 深刻 的 感觸 。 這 帶有 詩人 豐沛 情感 , 及 哲人 睿智 巧思 的 傳世 不朽 詩作 , 無疑 值得 您 珍藏 細讀 、 雋永 玩味 。
1. 夏天的漂鳥,來到我窗前歌唱又飛去了。
秋天的黃葉,沒有歌可唱,只飄落了一聲嘆息。
Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away.
And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs, flutter and fall there with a sign.
2. 世上的一隊小小飄泊者呀,請留你們的足印於我的文字裡。
O Troupe of little vagrants of the world, leave your footprints in my words.
3. 這世界面對它的愛人,揭下了「浩瀚」這張面具;
然後把自己變小了,小如一首歌,小如一個永恆的吻。
The world puts off its mask of vastness to its lover.
It becomes small as one song, as one kiss of the eternal
4. 是大地的淚水,使她的微笑保持青春不謝。
It is the tear of the earth that keep her smiles in bloom.
5. 廣闊無垠的沙漠熱烈地追求一葉綠草的愛,但她搖搖頭,笑了笑,便飛逝而去。
The might desert is burning for the love of a blade of grass who shakes her head and laugh and flies away
6. 如果你因錯失陽光而流淚,那麼你也將錯失群星。
If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars
7. 舞動的流水呀,在你旅途中的沙泥正乞求著你的謳歌與你的流動呢!你可願意帶著這跛足的負荷前行?
The sands in your way beg for your song and your movement, dancing water
Will you carry the burden of their lameness
8. 她充滿渴望的容顏,如夜雨一般,縈繞於我的夢境。
Her wistful face haunt my dreams like the rain at night.
9. 我們曾夢見大家都陌生而互不相識;夢醒後卻發現彼此原是相親相愛。
Once we dreamt that we were strangers.
We wake up to find that we were dear to each other.
10. 我心中的憂傷已歸覆平靜,如同寂靜森林中的向晚。
Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.
11. 有些看不見的手指,像一陣閒懶的微風,在我心頭上彈奏著漣波般的樂音。
Some unseen fingers, like an idle breeze, are playing upon my heart the music of the ripple
12. 「大海啊,你在訴說著甚麼話語呢?」
「是永恆的詢問」
「天空啊,你回答的又是甚麼話語呢?」
「是永恆的沉默」
“What language is thine, O Sea?”
“The language of eternal question.”
“What language is thine answer, O Sky?”
“The language of eternal silence.”
13. 我的心啊,請傾聽這世界的低語,它正以此向你示愛呢!
Listen, my heart, to the whispers of the world with which it makes love to you
14. 造物的神秘如同夜的黑暗一般----是偉大的。而知識的幻影卻猶如晨霧。
The mystery of creation is like the darkness of night---it is great
Delusions of knowledge are like the fog of morning.
15. 不要因為峭壁的高聳,而讓你的愛情置於懸岩絕壁之上。
Do not seat your love upon a precipice because it is high
16. 今晨我坐在窗前。這世界像過客一般,停留片刻,對我點點頭後便離去了。
I sit at my window this morning where the world like a passer-by stops for a moment, nods to me and goes.
17. 這些幽微的思緒如綠葉的沙沙作響;它們在我的心裡有著歡樂的低語呢喃。
These little thoughts are the rustle of leaves; they have their whisper of joy in my mind.
18. 你無法看清你真實的面目,你所看到的只是你的影子。
What you are you do not see, what you see is your shadow
19. 主啊,我的願望真是愚昧的;它們夾雜在您的歌聲中喧囂著。
讓我只是靜靜地傾聽吧!
My wishes are fools, they shout across thy songs, my Master
Let me but listen
20. 我不能選擇最好的,
是最好的選擇了我。
I cannot choose the best
The best chooses me
21. 那些將燈籠掛在背上的人,自然會將影子投射到自己的面前。
They throw their shadows before them who carry their lantern on their back
22. 我的存在乃是一個永恆的驚奇,生命本身就是一個驚奇。
That I exist is a perpetual surprise which is life
23. 「我們是沙沙作響的樹葉,以這聲音應回應著暴風大雨。
但你是誰啊?你為何如此沉默?」
「我只是一朵花。」
“We, the rustling leaves, have a voice that answers the storm, but who are you, so silent? ”I am a mere flower”
24. 休息之於工作,正如眼瞼之於眼睛。
Rest belongs to the work as the eyelids to the eye.
25. 人是一個初生的嬰孩,他的力量就是成長的力量。
Man is a born child, his power is the power of growth.
26. 上帝期待我們的回應是因為祂所賜予我們的花朵,並非因為祂的陽光或土地。
God expects answers for the flowers he sends us , not for the sun and the earth
27. 陽光如赤子一般在綠葉間快樂嬉戲,並不知道人心的詭詐。
The light that plays, like a naked child, among green leaves happily knows not that man can lie.
28. 啊 !美呀,你當在愛中尋找自己,而不是在鏡子的諂媚中尋找。
O Beauty, find thyself in love, not in the flattery of thy mirror.
29. 我的心悸動,激起了波浪打在這世界的岸上,並且以淚留下她的簽名:「我愛你」。
My heart beats her waves at the shore of the world and writes upon it her signature in tears with the words, ”I love thee.”
30. 「月兒啊,妳在等待著什麼呢?」
「是為了向我所必須讓路的太陽問候。」
“Moon, for what do you wait?”
“To salute the sun from whom I must make way.”
31. 綠樹生長到我的窗前,彷彿瘖啞的大地所發出渴望的聲音。
The tree come up to my window like the yearning voice of the dumb earth.
32. 上帝所創造的每個清晨對祂自己而言都是一個驚喜。
His own mornings are new surprise to God.
33. 生命因為世界的需求才發現自己的豐饒,但因為愛的需求才發現自己的價值。
Life finds its wealth by the claims of the world, and its worth by the claims of love.
34. 乾凅的河床無法感謝它的過去。
The dry river-bed finds no thanks for its past.
35. 鳥兒願為一朵雲
雲兒願為一隻鳥
The bird wishes it were a cloud.
The cloud wishes it were a bird
36. 瀑布唱著:「我得到自由的時候也就得到歌聲的日子!」
The waterfall sings, ”I find my song, when I find my freedom.”
37. 我不能明白我的心為何總是在默默地頹喪著,
為了它那從不要求,從不知道,或從不記得的小小的需要。
I cannot tell why this heart languishes in silence.
It is for small needs it never asks, or knows or remembers.
38. 婦人啊,當妳辛勤操持家務之時,妳的舉手投足宛如山中的溪水,在卵石間輕歌。
Woman when you move about in your household service, your limbs sing like a hill stream among its pebbles.
39. 太陽橫過西方的海面時,留給東方他最後的問候。
The sun goes to cross the Western sea, leaving its last salutation to the East
40. 不要因為自己沒有食慾而責怪食物。
Do not blame your food because you have no appetite.
41. 樹木,彷彿是來自大地的渴慕,正踮著腳尖向著天堂窺探。
The tree, like the longings of the earth, stand a tiptoe to peep at the heaven
42. 你微笑卻甚麼都沒對我說,然而我卻覺得我已經為此等了好久好久…
You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long.
43. 水中的魚恬靜,陸上的動物喧鬧,空中的鳥兒正在歌唱;
但是人在他自己裡面,有海的沉默,有陸地的喧鬧,也有來自空中的樂音。
The fish in the water is silent, the animal on the earth is noisy, the bird in the air
Is singing. But Man has in him the silence of the sea, the noise of the earth and the music of the air.
44. 這世界摧迫著倉惶的心弦,要使她發出憂傷的樂曲。
The world rushes on over the strings of the lingering heart making the music of sadness.
45. 他將自己的武器視做他的神明;當他的武器戰勝之時,他也就被自己所打敗。
He has made his weapons his gods.
When his weapons win he is defeated himself.
46. 上帝從創造中找到自我。
God finds himself by creating.
47. 影子披著她的面紗,神祕地,輕柔地,以她靜謐之愛的步履,追隨於陽光之後。
Shadow, with her veil drawn, follows Light in secret meekness, with her silent steps of love.
48. 群星不怕以螢火蟲的形象出現。
The stars are not afraid to appear like fireflies
49. 感謝上帝,我不是屬於權利的巨輪,而是與被這巨輪碾碎的生靈同在。
I thank thee that I am not of the wheels of power but I am one with the living creatures that are crushed by it.
50. 心思敏銳卻視野狹隘的人,執著於細微末節而不知前進。
The mind, sharp but not broad, sticks at every point but does not move.
51. 你的偶像碎散在塵埃之中,證明上帝的塵埃還遠大過你的偶像。
Your idol is shattered in to dust to prove that God’s dust is greater than your idol
52. 人在他生命的歷程中難以展露他自己,只是不斷地掙扎向前。
Man does not reveal himself in his history, he struggles up through it
53. 玻璃燈因為瓦燈與它稱兄道弟兒責備瓦燈。
當月亮升起,玻璃燈卻以殷勤的的笑容呼喚她---
「親愛的,我親愛的姐妹。」
While the glass lamp rebukes the earthen for calling its cousin, the moon rises,
And the glass lamp, with a bland smile,
Call her,---“My dear,dear sister.”
54. 如同海鷗與海浪,我們彼此相遇,然後親近;當海鷗飛走而海浪也席捲而去,
我們也就分別了。
Like the meeting of seagulls and the waves we meet and come near.
The seagulls fly off, the waves roll away and we depart
55. 我一日的工作已然成全,我像一艘被拖上岸的小船,靜靜地傾聽向晚潮汐的舞樂。
My day is done, and I am like a boat drawn on the beach,
listening to the dance-music of the tie in the evening
56. 生命是上蒼所賜與的,惟有獻出生命我們才能得到它。
Life is given to this, we earn it by giving it.
57. 我們在真正的謙卑時才最接近於真正的偉大。
We come nearest to the great when we are great in humanity.
58. 麻雀為孔雀沉重的屏尾而替它覺得可憐。
The sparrow is sorry for the peacock at the burden of its tail.
59. 絕不要害怕「剎那」---它是如此地吟唱著永恆的聲音。
Never be afraid of the moments---thus sings of voice of the everlasting.
60. 颶風在無路可走的時後尋求最短的路程,但不知在何處突然終止了它的尋求。
The hurricane seeks the shortest road by the no-road, and suddenly ends its search in the Nowhere.
61. 請就著我的酒杯,飲了我的酒吧!朋友。
一但倒在別人的杯裡,這酒裡的泡沫便要消失了。
Take my wine in my own cup, friend.
It loses its wreath of foam when poured into that of others.
62. 「完美」為了表示對「不完美」的愛戀而把自己裝飾成為美麗的樣子。
The Perfect decks itself in beauty for the love of the Imperfect.
63. 上帝對人說道:「我醫治你,所以我傷害你;我愛你,所以我要懲罰你。」
God says to man, "I heal you therefore I hurt, love you therefore
punish."
64. 要感謝火焰所給的光明,但不要忘記那持著燈的人,他一直都忍耐地站在黑影之中。
Thank the flame for its light, but do not forget the lampholder standing in the
shade with constancy of patience.
65. 小草啊,妳的腳步雖小,但是你擁有你腳下的大地。
Tiny grass, your steps are small, but you possess the earth under your tread.
66. 初開小花綻放她的蓓蕾而哭喊著:「親愛的世界啊!請不要凋零!」
The infant flower opens its bud and cries, "Dear World, please do not
fade."
67. 上帝會對龐大的帝國日生厭煩,但從不會這樣對一朵小花。
God grows weary of great kingdoms, but never of little flowers.
68. 「錯誤」經不起暫時的挫敗,但正確卻可以。
Wrong cannot afford defeat but Right can.
69. 瀑布歌唱著:「雖然口渴的人只需要一瓢水,但我還是滿心愉悅地給予我的所有。」
"I give my whole water in joy," sings the waterfall, "though
little of it is enough for the thirsty."
70. 那無止境的狂熱源頭在哪裡呢?它將這些花朵拋擲而出(到這個世上)。
Where is the fountain that throws up these flowers in a ceaseless outbreak of
ecstasy?
71. 樵夫的斧頭向樹乞求它的斧柄,樹便給它了。
The woodcutter's axe begged for its handle from the tree.
The tree gave it.
72. 這個黃昏彷彿一個寡婦般披戴著著霧與雨的面紗,在我孤寂的心裏,我感覺到她的嘆息。
In my solitude of heart I feel the sigh of this widowed evening veiled with mist and rain.
73. 貞潔是從豐沛的愛中所生的財富。
Chastity is a wealth that comes from abundance of love.
74. 霧,像愛情一樣,在心的山丘上遊戲,變化出許多美麗的驚奇。
The mist, like love, plays upon the heart of the hills and brings out surprises
of beauty.
75. 我們誤解了這世界,卻說她欺騙了我們。
We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.
76. 風之詩人穿越過海洋與森林,為要尋找他自己的歌聲。
The poet wind is out over the sea and the forest to seek his own voice.
77. 每一個孩子的出生都帶著一個訊息,就是上帝並未對人類徹底失望。
Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.
78. 綠草尋求她在地上的朋友,樹木尋找他天空中的寂寞。
The grass seeks her crowd in the earth.
The tree seeks his solitude of the sky.
79. 人類阻擋了自己的道路。
Man barricades against himself.
80. 我的朋友,妳的聲音繚繞在我的心裡,就像是海水的低吟繚繞在傾聽的松林。
Your voice, my friend, wanders in my heart, like the muffled sound of the sea
among these listening pines.
81. 那不可見的黑暗之火到底是誰?他竟以繁星為其火花。
What is this unseen flame of darkness whose sparks are the stars?
82. 讓生命如夏天的花朵,死亡如秋天的落葉。
Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.
83. 當那想要行善的人還再敲著門的時候,那熱愛行善的人早就發現門已經就開了。
He who wants to do good knocks at the gate; he who loves finds the gate open.
84. 在死的時候,很多東西都合而為一了;在生的時候,這一化為許多東西。當上帝死了之後,宗教也將合而為一。
In death the many becomes one; in life the one becomes many.
Religion will be one when God is dead.
85. 藝術家是大自然的情人,因此他是大自然的奴隸,卻也是她的主人。
The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master.
86. 「果實啊,你離我有多遠呢?」
「花啊,我正藏在你的心裡呢!」
"How far are you from me, O Fruit?"
"I am hidden in your heart, O Flower."
87. 渴望只為了自覺處在黑夜裡的人而存在,到了白晝就無從得見。
This longing is for the one who is felt in the dark, but not seen in the day.
88. 露珠對湖水說:「你是荷葉下的大露珠,而我是荷葉上的小露珠。」
"You are the big drop of dew under the lotus leaf, I am the smaller one on
its upper side," said the dewdrop to the lake.
89. 為了能保護刀的鋒利,刀鞘可是很滿足於自己的遲鈍。
The scabbard is content to be dull when it protects the keenness of the sword.
90. 在黑暗中,「太一」以一致和諧的樣貌展現;但在光明中,「太一」便以豐富多樣之姿表達。
In darkness the One appears as uniform; in the light the One appears as
manifold.
91. 大地以綠草表現出她的殷勤招待。
The great earth makes herself hospitable with the help of the grass.
92. 綠葉的生與死是快速轉動的旋渦,而另一個更廣大的迴圈卻緩慢運行於星辰之間。
The birth and death of the leaves are the rapid whirls of the eddy whose wider
circles move slowly among stars.
93. 權力對世界說:「妳是屬我的。」
世界便把權力囚禁在她的寶座下。
愛對世界說:「我是屬妳的。」
世界便讓愛自由地在她屋內往來。
Power said to the world, "You are mine.
The world kept it prisoner on her throne.
Love said to the world, "I am thine."
The world gave it the freedom of her house.
94. 濃霧彷彿是大地的渴望;當大地哭求時,它便將太陽隱藏起來。
The mist is like the earth's desire. It hides the sun for whom she cries.
95. 靜下來吧,我的心,這些大樹都是祈禱者啊!
Be still, my heart, these great trees are prayers.
96. 傾刻的喧鬧,譏笑著永恆的樂章。
The noise of the moment scoffs at the music of the Eternal.
97. 我想起那些在生命、愛與死的川流中浮沉的時代現在已被遺忘,我便感受到離開塵世的自由。
I think of other ages that floated upon the stream of life and love and death
and are forgotten, and I feel the freedom of passing away.
98. 我靈魂的憂鬱是她新婦的面紗,正等著在夜間卸下。
The sadness of my soul is her bride's veil.
It waits to be lifted in the night.
99. 死之印記賦予生之錢幣價值,使「用生命換取那寶物」這件事成為可能。
Death's stamp gives value to the coin of life; making it possible to buy with
life what is truly precious.
100. 白雲謙遜地站在天空的一角,而清晨以絢麗光彩為她加冕。
The cloud stood humbly in a corner of the sky.
The morning crowned it with splendor.
101. 塵土受到羞辱,卻以他的花朵來回報。
The dust receives insult and in return offers her flowers.
102. 不必逗留著採集花瓣保存,只管繼續走吧,因為一路上還會有更多的花朵沿途盛開呢!
Do not linger to gather flowers to keep them, but walk on, for flowers will
keep themselves blooming all your way.
103. 根是地底下的枝幹,枝幹是地面上的根。
Roots are the branches down in the earth.
Branches are roots in the air.
104. 已然遠去的夏日樂聲卻仍然迴盪於秋之森林,尋找著它過往的溫巢。
The music of the far-away summer flutters around the Autumn seeking its former
nest.
105. 不要從自己口袋裡掏出榮譽來借給你的朋友,這對他來說是個污辱。
Do not insult your friend by lending him merits from your own pocket.
106. 無名歲月的感觸正攀附著我的心靈,正如苔癬依戀在老樹的週圍一般。
The touch of the nameless days clings to my heart like mosses round the old
tree.
107. 回聲戲弄著她的原聲,為要證明她才是原聲。
The echo mocks her origin to prove she is the original.
108. 當富貴通達者誇稱得到上帝的特別恩寵時,上帝因此而蒙羞。
God is ashamed when the prosperous boasts of His special favor.
109. 我之所以投射自己的影子在道路上,是因為還有一盞燈並未點燃。
I cast my own shadow upon my path, because I have a lamp that has not been
lighted.
110. 一個人走入吵雜的群眾是為要淹沒他內心出於寧靜的喧鬧(clamor of silence)。
Man goes into the noisy crowd to drown his own clamor of silence.
111. 在衰弱中的結束是死亡,而完美的結束則是永恆。
That which ends in exhaustion is death, but the perfect ending is in the
endless.
112. 太陽穿著簡單樸素的光衣,而白雲卻因此有了璀璨的妝飾。
The sun has his simple robe of light. The clouds are decked with gorgeousness.
113. 山峰好像孩童的喧鬧,舉起雙臂想要摘下天上的星星。
The hills are like shouts of children who raise their arms, trying to catch
stars.
114. 道路雖然擁擠,卻感到孤獨,因為沒有人愛它。
The road is lonely in its crowd for it is not loved.
115. 那以惡行自誇的掌權者正被飄落的枯葉與過往的浮雲嘲笑。
The power that boasts of its mischief is laughed at by the yellow leaves that
fall, and clouds that pass by.
116. 今日大地在陽光中對我吟唱,就像織布婦人以一種古老而被遺忘的語言所輕哼出的民謠。
The earth hums to me today in the sun, like a woman at her spinning, some
ballad of the ancient time in a forgotten tongue.
117. 綠草無愧於它所生長的這偉大世界。
The grass-blade is worth of the great world where it grows.
118. 夢是一位嘮叨的妻子,而睡眠則是默默忍受的丈夫。
Dream is a wife who must talk.
Sleep is a husband who silently suffers.
119. 夜晚親吻著那逝去的白日,並在她耳邊輕聲說道:「我是死亡,也是妳的母親。我將給你新的生命。」
The night kisses the fading day whispering to his ear, "I am death, your
mother. I am to give you fresh birth."
120. 暗夜啊,我感受到妳的美,就像那關掉燈後的可愛婦人。
I feel, thy beauty, dark night, like that of the loved woman when she has put
out the lamp.
121. 在我自己的世界中,我竟帶進了那些曾誇躍於這消逝的世界中的東西。
I carry in my world that flourishes the worlds that have failed.
122. 親愛的朋友,每當我在這深沉黃昏的海灘上靜聽浪濤的聲音時,我總感覺到你偉大思想的沉默。
Dear friend, I feel the silence of your great thoughts of many a deepening
eventide on this beach when I listen to these waves.
123. 鳥以為把魚高舉在空中是一種慈善的舉動。
The bird thinks it is an act of kindness to give the fish a lift in the air.
124. 夜對太陽說道:「請將你的情書託月亮帶給我。」
「我已將我的回應用眼淚寫在草地上了。」
"In the moon thou sends thy love letters to me," said the night to
the sun.
"I leave my answers in tears upon the grass."
125. 偉人是一個天生的孩子;當他死去時,他把偉大的童年留給了世界。
The Great is a born child; when he dies he gives his great childhood to the
world.
126. 並非是鐵槌的擊打,而是流水的妙舞歡唱才使得鵝卵石臻於完美。
Not hammer strokes, but dance of the water sings the pebbles into perfection.
127. 蜜蜂從花中吸取花蜜,離開時向花朵嗡嗡道謝。
一身華麗的蝴蝶卻認為應該是花兒要向他道謝。
Bees sip honey from flowers and hum their thanks when they leave.
The gaudy butterfly is sure that the flowers owe thanks to him.
128. 當你不想等待以說出完整的真理時,凱凱而談其實是很簡單的。
To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth.
129. 「可能」問「不可能」說:「你住在甚麼地方?」
「在那軟弱無力者的夢境裡。」
Asks the Possible to the Impossible, "Where is your dwelling place?"
"In the dreams of the impotent," comes the answer.
130. 如果你把所有的錯誤都關在門外,真理也同時被撇棄了。
If you shut your door to all errors truth will be shut out.
131.在我憂悶的心背後,我聽到有東西沙沙作響,卻看不見它們。
I hear some rustle of things behind my sadness of heart,--I cannot see them.
132. 在動作中的閒暇便是工作;海水的靜止在波濤裡翻驣。
Leisure in its activity is work.
The stillness of the sea stirs in waves.
133. 綠葉戀愛時便成了花,花敬拜上帝時便成了果實。
The leaf becomes flower when it loves.
The flower becomes fruit when it worships.
134. 地底下的樹根使樹枝豐饒結果,卻不求任何回報。
The roots below the earth claim no rewards for making the branches fruitful.
135. 在這飄著雨的黃昏,風吹不止。
看著那搖曳的樹枝,我感受到萬物的偉大。
This rainy evening the wind is restless.
I look at the swaying branches and ponder over the greatness of all things.
136. 午夜的暴風雨,猶如一個在夜裡被驚醒的巨嬰,開始玩鬧喊叫起來。
Storm of midnight, like a giant child awakened in the untimely
dark, has begun to play and shout.
137. 噢,海啊,妳這個暴風雨中孤獨的新娘,就算捲起波濤來追隨情人也是枉然…
Thou raises thy waves vainly to follow thy lover. O sea, thou lonely bride of
the storm.
138. 言語對行為說:「我為自己的空虛感到慚愧。」
行為對言語說:「當我看見妳時,就知道自己的貧乏。」
"I am ashamed of my emptiness," said the Word to the Work.
"I know how poor I am when I see you," said the Work to the Word.
139. 時間是變化的財富,但時鐘在它拙劣的模仿中只見變化而不見財富。
Time is the wealth of change, but the clock in its parody makes it mere change
and no wealth.
140. 真理穿著「事實」的外衣而覺得行動不便。
在想像中,她反倒能輕易地奔馳。
Truth in her dress finds facts too tight.
In fiction she moves with ease.
141. 過去當我在四處飄迫時,路啊,我曾厭倦過妳。但現在,當妳引導我到各個地方時,我卻在愛中於妳結縭了。
When I travelled to here and to there, I was tired of thee, O Road, but now
when thou leads me to everywhere I am wedded to thee in love.
142. 讓我思索著,在眾星之中,必有一顆能引導我的生命通過那不可知的黑暗。
Let me think that there is one among those stars that guides my life through
the dark unknown.
143. 婦人啊,當妳用恩慈之手輕觸我的一切,它們便條理分明宛如一首樂曲。
Woman, with the grace of your fingers you touched my things and order came out
like music.
144. 有一個哀傷的聲音築巢在消逝的歲月裡。
她在夜裡向我唱道:「我愛妳」。
One sad voice has its nest among the ruins of the years.
It sings to me in the night,--"I loved you."
145. 燃燒的火焰,以她的炙熱警告我別靠近她。
(但是,燃燒我吧!)使我不再只作那炭灰裡的餘燼!
The flaming fire warns me off by its own glow.
Save me from the dying embers hidden under ashes.
146. 我有群星在天上,
但是,唉,我屋裡的小燈卻沒有點亮。
I have my stars in the sky,
But oh for my little lamp unlit in my house.
147. 死去的文字如塵土沾在你身上。
用沉默去洗淨你的靈魂吧。
The dust of the dead words clings to thee.
Wash thy soul with silence.
148. 生命裡留了許多罅隙,從中飄進了死亡的哀樂。
Gaps are left in life through which comes the sad music of death.
149. 世界早已在清晨敞開了它光輝照耀的心。
出來吧,我的心,帶著妳的愛去與它相會。
The world has opened its heart of light in the morning.
Come out, my heart, with thy love to meet it.
150. 我的思想隨著這些閃耀的綠葉而閃耀;我的心靈因著日光的撫摸而歌唱;
我的生命因為與萬物一同乘船駛入天空的蔚藍與時間的黑暗而感到歡欣。
My thoughts shimmer with these shimmering leaves and my heart sings with the
touch of this sunlight; my life is glad to be floating with all things into the
blue of space, into the dark of time.
151. 上帝偉大的能力是藏在柔和的微風裏,而非狂風暴雨中。
God's great power is in the gentle breeze, not in the storm.
152. 這是一個夢,在其中所有東西都是散漫而且壓迫著。
當我醒來時,將會發現他們都在祢裡面聚集,而我也將得著自由。
This is a dream in which things are all loose and they oppress.
I shall find them gathered in thee when I awake and shall be free.
153. 「誰要承接我的職務呢?」落日問。
「我將盡力去作,主人。」瓦燈回答。
"Who is there to take up my duties?" asked the setting sun.
"I shall do what I can, my Master," said the earthen lamp.
154. 摘取花瓣無法收集到花的美麗。
By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.
155. 沉默能照顧保護妳的聲音,正如鳥巢托住睡眠中的鳥兒。
Silence will carry your voice like the nest that holds the sleeping birds.
156. 「偉大」無懼與「微小」同行。「中等」卻避而遠之。
The Great walks with the Small without fear.
The Middling keeps aloof.
157. 夜晚偷偷地使花綻放,而讓白日得到別人的感謝。
The night opens the flowers in secret and allows the day to get thanks.
158. 權力把受害者的痛苦視為一種忘恩負義的表現。
Power takes as ingratitude the writhing of its victims.
159. 當我們喜悅於自己的豐滿之時,我們便能喜樂地離開我們的果實了。
When we rejoice in our fullness, then we can part with our fruits with joy.
160. 雨水親吻著大地並低聲說道:「母親,我們是妳想家的孩子,現在正從天上回到妳的身旁。」
The raindrops kissed the earth and whispered,--"We are thy
homesick children, mother, come back to thee from the heaven."
161. 蜘蛛的網假裝是在捕捉露珠,卻捉住了蒼蠅。
The cobweb pretends to catch dew-drops and catches flies.
162. 愛情啊!當妳提著點亮的痛苦之燈走來,我便可以得見妳的容顏,並因認識妳而深感幸福。
Love! when you come with the burning lamp of pain in your hand, I can see your face and know you as bliss.
163. 螢火蟲對天上的星星說:「學者說你的光明總有一天會消失。」
星星沉默不語。
"The learned say that your lights will one day be no more." said the firefly to the stars.
The stars made no answer.
164. 在傍晚的薄暮中,清晨的鳥兒飛進到我靜謐的巢穴裡。
In the dusk of the evening the bird of some early dawn comes to the nest of my silence.
165. 思想掠過我的心彷彿野鴨飛過天際。
我聽到他們的振翼之聲。
Thoughts
pass in my mind like flocks of ducks in the sky.
I hear the voice of their wings.
166. 運河總喜歡認為:河流是專門為了供給它水而存在的。
The canal loves to think that rivers exist solely to supply it with water.
167. 世界以它的痛苦親吻我的靈魂,而要求用歌聲以為回報。
The world has kissed my soul with its pain, asking for its return in songs.
168. 那壓迫著我的,到底是我這想要掙脫而出的靈魂,還是那敲著我的心門想要進來的世界?
That which oppresses me, is it my soul trying to come out in the open, or the soul of the world knocking at my heart for its entrance?
169. 思想以自己的話語餵養自己,並且得以茁壯。
Thought feeds itself with its own words and grows.
170. 我已經把我心靈的血管浸入這靜謐的時刻;讓它被愛充滿。
I have dipped the vessel of my heart into this silent hour; it has filled with love.
171. 你要不在工作(work),要不就是沒有。
當你必須說:「讓我們作(do)一些事情」的時候,一場胡鬧就開始了。
Either you have work or you have not.
When you have to say, "Let us do something," then begins mischief.
172. 向日葵羞於承認無名小花是自己的親戚。
太陽升起來,卻笑著對小花說:「你好嗎?我親愛的。」
The sunflower blushed to own the nameless flower as her kin.
The sun rose and smiled on it, saying, "Are you well, my darling?"
173. 「是誰像命運般逼迫著我前行?」
「正是那個在背上大步向前的『我自己』」
"Who drives me forward like fate?"
“The Myself striding on my back.”
174. 雲層注滿河水的杯,然後就躲藏到遠方的山裡去。
The clouds fill the watercups of the river, hiding themselves in the distant hills.
175. 一路上,我不斷地把水從我的水罐裡潑灑出來。
只剩下非常少的水供家裡使用。
I spill water from my water jar as I walk on my way.
Very little remains for my home.
176. 杯中的水閃著粼粼波光,但大海中的水卻墨黑深沉。
微小的道理能以文字清楚地說明,但偉大的道理卻只有偉大的沉默。
The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark.
The small truth has words that are clear; the great truth has great silence.
177. 你的微笑是妳田園裡的花朵,妳的談吐是妳山松的低語,但是妳的心卻是那個女人,那個我們都認識的女人。
Your smile was the flowers of your own fields, your talk was the rustle of your own mountain pines, but your heart was the woman that we all know.
178. 我將微不足道的禮物留給我所愛的人,但將偉大豐盛的禮物留給世人。
It is the little things that I leave behind for my loved ones,-- great things are for everyone.
179. 婦人啊,妳淚水深邃幽沉地包圍著世界的心,正如大海圍繞著陸地一般。
Woman, thou hast encircled the world's heart with the depth of thy tears as the sea has the earth.
180. 陽光以微笑向我問候;雨,他悲傷的姐姐,卻對我的心說話。
The sunshine greets me with a smile. The rain, his sad sister, talks to my heart.
181. 白晝,那被遺忘的花瓣從我的花朵中掉落。
夜間,它長大成熟為一顆金色的記憶之果。
My flower of the day dropped its petals forgotten.
In the evening it ripens into a golden fruit of memory.
182. 我就像那夜裡的道路,在寂靜中諦聽著回憶的足音。
I am like the road in the night listening to the footfalls of its memories in silence.
183. 對我來說,那黃昏的夜空像是一扇窗,一盞點著的燈,以及背後的一份等待。
The evening sky to me is like a window, and a lighted lamp, and a waiting behind it.
184. 那些忙於作好事的人其實卻沒有時間成為好人。
He who is too busy doing good finds no time to be good.
185. 我是秋天的雲霧,雖然清飄虛空不含水氣,卻可以在成熟的稻田中看到我的豐富。
I am the autumn cloud, empty of rain, see my fullness in the field of ripened rice.
186. 人們總是稱讚那些仇恨與殺戮的人。
但是上帝卻(為他們)感到羞恥,並匆匆地將這些記憶埋藏於綠草之下。
They hated and killed and men praised them.
But God in shame hastens to hide its memory under the green grass.
187. 腳趾是那些拋棄了它們的過去的手指。
Toes are the fingers that have forsaken their past.
188. 黑暗邁向光明,但盲目卻走向死亡。
Darkness travels towards light, but blindness toward death.
189. 被寵慣的狗兒懷疑整個宇宙正計畫謀奪牠的地位。
The pet dog suspects the universe for scheming to take its place.
190. 靜坐著吧,我的心,不必揚起你的塵埃。
就讓這世界(自己來)找到通往你的道路。
Sit still , my heart, do not raise your dust.
Let the world find its way to you.
191. 在射出箭之前,弓輕聲地對箭說道:「你的自由正是我的自由。」
The bow whispers to the arrow before it speeds forth--"Your freedom is mine."
192. 婦人啊,妳的笑聲裡擁有生命之泉的樂音。
Woman, in your laughter you have the music of the fountain of life.
193. 一顆滿是理性邏輯的心智就像一片只有刀刃的刀,讓任何想要使用它的手都血流不止。
A mind all logic is like a knife all blade.
It makes the hand bleed that uses it.
194. 上帝愛人類的燈火勝於祂自己創造的繁星。
God loves man's lamp lights better than his own great stars.
195. 這世界充滿著狂風暴雨,但終將被美的樂音所征服。
This world is the world of wild storms kept tame with the music of beauty.
196. 天空的雲彩對夕陽說:「在您親吻之後,我的心像是個黃金寶箱。」
"My heart is like the golden casket of thy kiss," said the sunset cloud to the sun.
197. 觸碰帶來毀滅,遠離卻能夠擁有。
By touching you may kill, by keeping away you may possess.
198. 蟋蟀的唧唧與夜雨的淅瀝,穿越過黑暗來到我的面前,彷彿是我過往的年輕歲月踩著沙沙的步履聲進入了我的夢境。
The cricket's chirp and the patter of rain come to me through the dark, like the rustle of dreams from my past youth.
199. 清早,花朵向失去星辰的天空大喊:「我的露珠都不見了!」
"I have lost my dewdrop," cries the flower to the morning sky that has lost all its stars.
200. 燃燒中的木塊在火光中喊著說:「這是我的花朵,我的死亡!」
The burning log bursts in flame and cries,--"This is my flower, my death."
201. 黃蜂覺得牠的鄰居蜜蜂所住的蜂巢太小了,
但牠的鄰居竟然想請牠築一個更小的巢。
The wasp thinks that the honey-hive of the neighboring bees is too small.
His neighbours ask him to build one still smaller.
202. 河岸對河水說:「我無法留住你的波浪。」
「那我就將你的足跡保留在心底吧!」
"I cannot keep your waves," says the bank to the river.
"Let me keep your footprints in my heart."
203. 白晝時,這小小地球上的喧鬧淹沒了全宇宙的寧靜。
The day, with the noise of this little earth, drowns the silence of all worlds.
204. 歌聲是在空中感受到她的無限,圖畫則是在地上感受的這個無限。
但詩卻可以同時在天上與地上如此,因為詩的字句同時含有能走動的意義與能飛翔的音樂。
The song feels the infinite in the air, the picture in the earth, the poem in
the air and the earth; For its words have meaning that walks and music that
soars.
205. 當太陽在西方落下時,早晨的東方已靜靜地站在他面前(等候)。
When the sun goes down to the West, the East of his morning stands before him
in silence.
206. 讓我不要錯誤地把自己放進我的世界,以至於使他反對我。
Let me not put myself wrongly to my world and set it against me.
207. 榮譽羞辱我,因為我偷偷地想得著它。
Praise shames me, for I secretly beg for it.
208. 當我沒甚麼事情作的時候,就讓我的「無所事事」在寧靜的深處不受打擾,一如當海水沉靜時的岸邊暮色。
Let my doing nothing when I have nothing to do become untroubled in its depth
of peace like the evening in the seashore when the water is silent.
209. 女士啊,妳的單純樸實彷彿像碧藍的湖面,展現出妳真理的深邃。
Maiden, your simplicity, like the blueness of the lake, reveals your depth of
truth.
210. 「最好的」不會獨自前來。它總是伴隨著萬事一同而來。
The best does not come alone. It comes with the company of the all.
211. 上帝的右手是溫柔的,但祂的左手是可怕的。
God's right hand is gentle, but terrible is his left hand.
212. 我的傍晚從陌生的叢林中來到,述說著連我的晨星也不明白的語言。
My evening came among the alien trees and spoke in a language which my morning
stars did not know.
213. 夜晚的黑暗是一只口袋,從中突然掏出黎明的金光。
Night's darkness is a bag that bursts with the gold of the dawn.
214. 我們的慾望將彩虹的顏色借給了那生命中的塵煙。
Our desire lends the colors of the rainbow to the mere mists and vapors of
life.
215. 上帝等著將自己的花朵從人們手中作為禮物贏回來。
God waits to win back his own flowers as gifts from man's hands.
216. 我的憂傷的思緒一直纏繞著我,要逼問我它們自己的名字。
My sad thoughts tease me asking me their own names.
217. 果實的服事是貴重的,花朵的服事是甜美的;但是讓我的服事如同那些綠葉一般,隱藏在謙遜付出的陰影下。
The service of the fruit is precious, the service of the flower is sweet, but
let my service be the service of the leaves in its shade of humble devotion.
218. 我的心已揚帆在慵懶的風中,為要航向到那蔭涼之島,不管是甚麼地方。
My heart has spread its sails to the idle winds for the shadowy island of
Anywhere.
219. 群眾是兇暴的,但個人是良善的。
Men are cruel, but Man is kind.
220. 把我成為您的杯,並且讓我的為您與您的朋友而滿溢。
Make me thy cup and let my fullness be for thee and for thine.
221. 狂風暴雨像是某位愛情被大地所拒絕的天神之痛苦哭嚎。
The storm is like the cry of some god in pain whose love the earth refuses.
222. 世界不會因死亡而流失,因為死亡並不是一個罅隙。
The world does not leak because death is not a crack.
223. 生命因為失去的愛情而變得更為富足。
Life has become richer by the love that has been lost.
224.我的朋友,你偉大的心靈閃射出東方朝陽般的光芒,彷彿黎明中一個積雪的孤峰。
My friend, your great heart shone with the sunrise of the East
like the snowy summit of a lonely hill in the dawn.
225.「死」之流泉使「生」的止水踴躍。
The fountain of death makes the still water of life play.
226. 我的上帝啊,那些擁有一切東西卻沒有您的人,正在譏笑著那些除您以外別無所有的人呢!
Those who
have everything but thee, my God, laugh at those who
have nothing but thyself.
227. 生命的活動只能在它自己的音樂裏得著休息。
The movement of life has its rest in its own music.
228. 奮怒踢腳只能從地上揚起塵土而沒有實質收穫。
Kicks only raise dust and not crops from the earth.
229. 我們的名字像是海波在夜裡所閃發出的光芒,不留一點痕跡就消逝了。
Our names are the light that glows on the sea waves at night and
then dies without leaving its signature.
230. 讓看玫瑰花的人也能有眼睛看到它的刺。
Let him only see the thorns who has eyes to see the rose.
231. 如果讓鳥的翅膀繫上黃金,那牠就不再能翱翔於天際了。
Set bird's wings with gold and it will never again soar in the sky.
232. 在我們這裡的荷花也會在另外一個池塘裡綻放同樣的清香,只是(被稱)以不同的名字。
The same lotus of our clime blooms here in the alien water with the same
sweetness, under another name.
233. 從心靈展望的觀點來看,距離更隱約地顯得遙遠了。
In heart's perspective the distance looms large.
234. 月亮將她的光明遍照於天際,卻把黑斑留給自己。
The moon has her light all over the sky, her dark spots to herself.
235. 不要說:「這是早晨」,然後以昨日之名將其拋棄。要把它視為第一次看到、還沒有名字的嬰孩。
Do not say, "It is morning," and dismiss it with a name of yesterday.
See it for the first time as a new-born child that has no name.
236. 青煙對天空誇口,灰燼對大地誇口,他們都以為自己是火的兄弟。
Smoke boasts to the sky, and Ashes to the earth, that they are brothers to the fire.
237. 雨滴對茉莉花輕聲說道:「把我永久地留在你的心裡吧。」
茉莉花嘆息了一聲,落在地上了。
The
raindrop whispered to the jasmine, "Keep me in your heart forever."
The jasmine sighed, "Alas," and dropped to the ground.
238. 靦腆羞怯的思想呀,不要怕我。
我是一個詩人。
Timid thoughts, do not be afraid of me.
I am a poet.
239. 在我心裡幽微的中,似乎充滿了蟋蟀的鳴聲──是一種聲音的朦朧暮色。
The dim silence of my mind seems filled with crickets' chirp--the grey twilight of sound.
240. 煙火呀,你對星辰的侮蔑,又跟著你自己回到地上來了。
Rockets, your insult to the stars follows yourself back to the earth.
241. 您曾經帶領著我,穿越過我白天擁擠的旅程,到達了我黃昏孤寂之境。
我在徹夜的寂靜裡,等待著它的意義。
Thou hast
led me through my crowded travels of the day to my evening's loneliness.
I wait for its meaning through the stillness of the night.
242. 生命就像是渡過洋海,我們都因此相聚在這個狹小的舟船上。
在死亡時,我們便到了岸,然後就往各自不同的世界去了。
This life is the crossing of a sea, where we meet in the same narrow ship.
In death we reach the shore and go to our different worlds.
243.「真理」的溪水從「錯誤」之溝渠中流過。
The stream of truth flows through its channels of mistakes.
244. 今天,我的心是在想家了,為了那個能跨越時間之海的甜蜜時光。
My heart is homesick to-day for the one sweet hour across the sea of time.
245. 鳥的歌聲是清晨曙光照射到大地時的回聲。
The bird-song is the echo of the morning light back from the earth.
246. 晨光問毛茛(一種植物名)說:「你是否是驕傲得不肯和我親吻?」
"Are you too proud to kiss me?" the morning light asks the buttercup.
247. 小花問道:「太陽先生,我該要怎樣地以歌唱來崇拜您呢?」
太陽答道:「只要以妳純潔簡單的沉默。」
"How may I sing to thee and worship, O Sun?" asked the little flower.
"By the simple silence of thy purity," answered the sun.
248. 當人便成野獸時,他會比野獸還惡毒。
Man is worse than an animal when he is an animal.
249. 黑雲被陽光的親吻時便成為天上的花朵。
Dark clouds become heaven's flowers when kissed by light.
250. 不要讓刀鋒譏笑刀柄的拙鈍。
Let not the sword-blade mock its handle for being blunt.
251. 夜的沈默,猶如一盞深邃的燈罩,正燃燒著他的銀河之光。
The night's silence, like a deep lamp, is burning with the light of its milky
way.
252. 在「生命」的陽光之島週圍,死亡猶如大海無盡的歌聲,日夜增強。
Around the sunny island of Life swells day and night death's limitless song of
the sea.
253. 這山豈不像一朵花?用它山峰的花瓣啜飲著陽光…
Is not this mountain like a flower, with its petals of hills, drinking the
sunlight?
254. 當「真實」的意義被誤解,重點被錯置,就變成了「不真實」。
The real with its meaning read wrong and emphasis misplaced is the unreal.
255. 我的心呀,從世界的流轉中尋求你的美吧,正如小船得到風與水的優雅一般。
Find your beauty, my heart, from the world's movement, like the boat that has
the grace of the wind and the water.
256. 眼睛並不以它們的視野為傲,卻以它們的眼鏡為傲。
The eyes are not proud of their sight but of their eyeglasses.
257. 我住在這個小小的世界裏,害怕著它會變的更小一些。請把我高舉到您的世界裏去吧,讓我能擁有那樂於失去一切的自由。
I live in this little world of mine and am afraid to make it the least less.
Lift me into thy world and let me have the freedom gladly to lose my all.
258. 虛偽永遠不能因為它生長在權力當中而變為真實。
The false can never grow into truth by growing in power.
259. 我的心啊,隨著舐岸的歌聲潮浪,渴望撫愛著這個陽光和煦的綠色世界。
My heart, with its lapping waves of song, longs to caress this green world of
the sunny day.
260. 路旁的野草,愛那天上的星吧,這樣,你的夢境便可在花朵裏實現了。
Wayside grass, love the star, then your dreams will come out in flowers.
261. 讓你的音樂如同一把劍,刺穿市井的喧擾直到它的心吧!
Let your music, like a sword, pierce the noise of the market to its heart.
262. 這顫動著的樹葉,像一個嬰孩手指般觸動著我的心。
The trembling leaves of this tree touch my heart like the fingers of an infant
child.
263. 小花睡在塵土裏。
尋求蝴蝶走過的路徑。
The little
flower lies in the dust.
It sought the path of the butterfly.
264. 我在道路的世界中。
夜來了。家的世界,打開您的門吧!
I am in the world of the roads. The night comes. Open thy gate, thou world of the home.
265我已經唱過了您白日的歌。在傍晚的時候,讓我提著您的燈火穿過暴風中的道路吧。
I have sung the songs of thy day. In the evening let me carry thy lamp through the stormy path.
266. 我不央求您進到屋裏。
請進到我無止盡的孤獨裏吧,我的愛人!
I do not
ask thee into the house.
Come into my infinite loneliness, my Lover.
267. 「死亡」隸屬於生命,正如「出生」一樣。「行走」顯於舉足之時,也存於落足之際。
Death belongs to life as birth does. The walk is in the raising of the foot as in the laying of it down.
268. 我已經學會您在花朵與陽光裏微語的意義--再教我明白您在痛苦與死亡中的話語吧…
I have learnt the simple meaning of thy whispers in flowers and sunshine--teach
me to know thy words in pain and death.
269. 當早晨親吻著夜之花朵時,她(才發現自己)起來晚了。在顫慄與嘆息聲中,她衰萎掉落到了地上。
The night's flower was late when the morning kissed her, she shivered and
sighed and dropped to the ground.
270. 從萬物的愁苦中,我聽見『永恒母親』的呻吟。
Through the sadness of all things I hear the crooning of the Eternal Mother.
271. 大地呀,我來到你岸上時是一個陌生人,住在你屋裡時是一個客人,離開你的門時是一個朋友。
I came to your shore as a stranger, I lived in your house as a guest, I leave your door as a friend, my earth.
272. 當我離開時,讓我的思緒回到你這裏來,一如那夕陽的餘輝返照在繁星沉默的邊緣上。
Let my thoughts come to you, when I am gone, like the after glow of sunset at the margin of starry silence.
273. 在我的心頭燃點起那休憩的黃昏之星吧,然後讓黑夜對我微聲細述她的愛情。
Light in my heart the evening star of rest and then let the night whisper to me of love.
274. 我是一個在黑暗中的孩子,從黑夜的被單裏向您展開我的雙手,母親。
I am a child in the dark.
I stretch my hands through the coverlet of night for thee, Mother.
275. 白天的工作結束了,將我的臉掩藏在您的膀臂中吧,母親。讓我進入夢鄉。
The day of work is done. Hide my face in your arms, Mother.
Let me dream.
276. 會場上的燈一直在點著,但散會後便瞬間熄滅了。
The lamp of meeting burns long; it goes out in a moment at the parting.
277. 世界啊,當我死去的時候,請在您的沈默中為我留下一句話:「我已經愛過了!」
One word keep for me in thy silence, O World, when I am dead, "I have loved."
278. 當我們熱愛這個世界時,才算生活在其中。
We live in this world when we love it.
279. 但願讓死者有不朽的名聲,而讓活者的人有那不朽的愛。
Let the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living the immortality of love.
280. 我看見您就像那半醒的嬰孩在黎明的微光裏看見他的母親,微笑了一下就睡去了。
I have seen thee as the half-awakened child sees his mother in the dusk of the dawn and then smiles and sleeps again.
281. 我願意一次又一次的死去以明白生命的無窮無盡。
I shall die again and again to know that life is inexhaustible.
282. 當我與人群一同穿越過馬路,我看見了妳在陽臺上的微笑,使我哼著歌而遺忘了一切喧囂。
While I was passing with the crowd in the road
I saw the smile from the balcony and I sang and forgot all noise.
283. 愛情就是豐富的生命,就像裝滿了酒的酒杯。
Love is life in its fullness like the cup with its wine.
284. 他們點了他們自己的燈,在自己的寺院內吟唱自己的詩句。
但是小鳥們卻在您的晨光中吟唱著您的名字,--因為您的名字正是喜樂。
They light their own lamps and sing their own words in their temples.
But the birds sing thy name in thine own morning light, --- for thy name is joy.
285. 領我到您沈寂的核心,使我的心充滿了歌吧!
Lead me in the centre of thy silence to fill my heart with songs.
286. 既然有人選擇這個噓聲四起的萬花世界,那就讓他們住在這裏吧。
但是我的心卻是渴望著您的繁星啊,我的上帝!
Let them live who choose in their own hissing world of fireworks.
My heart longs for thy stars, my God.
287. 愛的痛苦如同洶湧的大海在我生命的四周歌唱;而愛的快樂卻像鳥兒在開滿鮮花的叢林裏歡唱。
Loves pain sang round my life like the unplumbed sea, and loves joy
sang like birds in its flowering groves.
288. 假如您願意,就熄了燈吧。
我願明白您的黑暗,並喜愛它。
Put out the lamp when thou wishes.
I shall know thy darkness and shall love it.
289. 當我在那些日子終了而站在您的面前時,您將會看見我的疤痕。而且您知道我還有許多傷口,也有許多痊癒的痕跡。
When I stand before thee at the day’s end thou shall see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.
290. 總有一天,我會要在另一個世界的晨光裏對您唱道:「我以前在地上的光與在人們的愛裏曾經遇見過您。」
Some day I shall sing to thee in the sunrise of some other world,
I have seen thee before in the light of the earth, in the love of man.
291. 從別的日子飄進我的生命裏的雲,不再落下雨點或引起風暴了,卻將色彩帶給了我的夕陽。
Clouds come floating into my life from other days no longer to shed
rain or usher storm but to give colour to my sunset sky.
292. 真理引發了反對它的狂風驟雨,反將它的種子吹散到各個地方。
Truth raises against itself the storm that scatters its seeds broadcast.
293. 昨夜的暴風雨為今日的早晨戴上了金色的和平之冠。
The storm of the last night has crowned this morning with golden peace.
294. 真理似乎帶了它的終極結論而來;但那終極的結論卻又生出下一個結論。
Truth seems to come with its final word; and the final word gives birth to its next.
295. 那名望並沒有掩蓋他的真實的人有福了。
Blessed is he whose fame does not outshine his truth.
296. 當我忘了自己時,您名字的甜蜜卻充滿著我的心田,就像晨霧因您的朝陽升起而消逝。
Sweetness of thy name fills my heart when I forget mine---like thy morning sun when the mist is melted.
297. 靜謐的黑夜有母親的美,而喧嘩的白晝則有孩童的美。
The silent night has the beauty of the mother and the clamorous day of the child.
298. 當人類微笑時,世界就愛他;但是當他們放聲大笑時,世界便劇怕他們了。
The world loved man when he smiled. The world became afraid of him when he laughed.
299. 上帝等待著人們能在智慧中重獲童年。
God waits for man to regain his childhood in wisdom.
300. 讓我感受到這個世界乃是因您的愛所形成的吧,那麽,我的愛也將幫助著它。
Let me feel this world as thy love taking form, then my love will help it.
301. 您的陽光對我心的寒冬微笑,從不懷疑她在春天時的花朵。
Thy sunshine smiles upon the winter days of my heart, never doubting of its spring
flowers.
302. 上帝以愛親吻有限,以無限親吻人類。
God kisses the finite in his love and man the infinite.
303. 你穿越過荒蕪的歲月裡的沙漠大地才到達這完成的一瞬間。
Thou crossest desert lands of barren years to reach the moment of fulfillment.
304. 上帝的沉默使人的思慮成熟,變為言語。
God’s silence ripens man’s thoughts into speech.
305. 永恆的旅人啊! 您將會在我的歌聲裡發現您的足跡。
Thou wilt find, Eternal Traveler, marks of thy footsteps across my song.
306. 天父啊,願我不使您蒙羞,因為您已將您的榮耀顯於孩子身上。
Let me not shame thee, Father, who displayest thy glory in thy children.
307. 那真是無趣的一天啊!日光在皺眉不滿的雲底下,像一個被懲罰的孩子,於蒼白兩頰上留下淚痕。而風的呼嘯亦如這受傷世界的哭嚎。
但我知我正在旅行,將與我的朋友相會。
Cheerless is the day, the light under frowning clouds is like a punished child with traces of tears on its pale cheeks, and the cry of the wind is like the cry of a wounded world.
But I know I am travelling to meet my Friend.
308. 今晚,棕櫚葉間有一股騷動,海也湧起了波濤;圓月彷彿是世界的心在悸動著。您從哪一個未知的天空帶來您的沉靜,那愛的痛苦秘密?
Tonight there is a stir among the palm leaves, a swell in the sea, Full moon, like the
heart-throb of the world. From what unknown sky hast thou carried in thy silence
the aching secret of love.
309. 我夢到一個星,一座光明之島,而我將在那裡誕生。在那深深的悠閒中,我的生命將會使其作品成熟,一如秋陽下的稻田。
I dream of a star, an island of light where I shall be born and in the depth of its
quickening leisure my life will ripen its works like the rice filled in the autumn sun.
310. 因雨而濕潤的泥土香味緩緩升起,如同一首來自無聲庶民的讚歌。
The smell of the wet earth in the rain rises like a great chant of praise from the voiceless multitude of the insignificant
311. 「愛」有時也會失敗,這是我們無法接受為真理的事實。
The love can ever lose is a fact that we cannot accept as truth.
312. 有一天我們終究會知道,死亡並不能奪走我們靈魂所獲得的,因為她所得到的跟她自己是一體的。
We shall know some day that death can never rob us of that which our soul has gained, for her gains are one with herself.
313. 上帝在我傍晚的暮色中走來,而我如花朵般的過去在祂的提籃中還保持著那份新鮮。
God comes to me in the dusk of my evening with the flowers from my past kept fresh in his basket.
314. 當我生命中所有的琴弦都被調整過,我的主人啊,您的每一個撫觸都將發出愛的樂音。
When all the strings of my life will be tuned, my MATER, then at every touch of thine
will come out the music of love.
315. 我的主啊,願我真實地活著,好讓死亡對我也會變得真實。
Let me live truly, my Lord, so that death to me become true.
316. 人類的歷史正耐心等待著受辱者的勝利。
Man’s history is waiting in patience for the triumph of the insulted man.
317. 此刻我感覺到您正凝視著我的內心,一如清晨的陽光靜靜地照在收成後寂寞的土地上。
I feel thy gaze upon my heart this moment like the sunny silence of the morning upon the lonely field whose harvest is over.
318. 我渴望著那在這繁忙咆嘯之海另一端的詩歌之島。
I long for the Island of Songs across this heaving Sea of Shouts.
319. 夜的前奏是在落日的樂聲中開始:從莊嚴的聖歌中進到難以形容的黑暗。
The prelude of the night is commenced in the music of the sunset, in its solemn hymn to the ineffable dark
320. 我曾攀登到高峰,在貧瘠與荒蕪的聲譽高原上並未發現任何的蔭蔽之處。我的嚮導啊,在陽光漸漸消沒之前請引領我進到寧靜的山谷中,那裡才是生命的收成能夠成熟為智慧金果的地方。
I have scaled the peak and found no shelter in fame’s bleak and barren height.
Lead me , my Guide, before the light fades, into the valley of quiet where life’s harvest mellows into golden wisdom
321. 在暮色的朦朧中,事物看來都變得詭異──在黑暗中消失基座的尖塔與宛如墨漬一般的樹梢。我要等待清晨並醒來看看您在光明中的城市。
Things look phantastic in this dimess of the dusk----the spires whose bases are lost in
the dark and tree-tops like blots of ink. I shall wait for the morning and wake up to see thy city in the light.
322. 我已經受過苦難、絕望與認識過死亡。而我很高興我是在這偉大的世界之中。
I have suffered and despaired and known death and I am glad that I am in this great world.
323. 在我的生命中有許多荒涼冷清的小徑。他們卻是我在忙碌的日子可以汲取陽光與空氣的開放空間。
There are tracts in my life that are bare and silent. They are the open spaces where my busy days had their light and air.
324. 將我從我那些未完成的過去中解放出來吧!它們從後面攀附著我,讓死亡變成困難。
Release me from my unfulfilled past cling to me from behind making death difficult.
325. 讓這句話作為我最後的話語吧:我信賴您的愛。
Let this be my last word, that I trust in thy love.
477
請先 登入 以發表留言。